How To Use | Digital Booklight
First Time Use/Set Up
Remove the two plastic battery protectors by pulling each one firmly in one direction until the strip is free from the unit. The bookmark should emit a tone and the display should appear 12:00. If you have any trouble with the display or the light coming on after releasing these tabs, please check the contacts and the correct battery as they may have shifted in the battery compartment when pulling the plastic tab free.
If the light does not come on:
Remove the back cover and set aside the two CR2032 batteries that are exposed (which operate the light only). With these two batteries out of the space, gently bend the tips of the silver contact bracket located on the side wall of the battery well in toward the center of the space. Then, replace the batteries by sliding them in toward this bracket, and secure the cover. *Make sure to show your reader the built in stops on the light head, the light will rotate to the top and bottom but should never be forced through these stops and turned in a full circle. This will separate the wires from the circuit board and void your warranty.
If the display does not come on:
Remove the back cover and set aside the two light batteries. Next remove the battery cover to the left of the light battery location which is a small cover secured by two screws. Take out the single LR1130 battery ( that operates the display/timer only). With this battery out of the space, gently bend the tips fo the silver contact bar located on the side wall, toward the center of the battery well. Replace the battery by sliding it in toward this bar. Secure with the cover and the bookmark should emit a tone and the display should appear 12:00
- Press mode to select am/pm display
- To set the clock, press and hold mode button until display flashes, then release mode button
- Press hrs to set the correct hour, noting the am or pm in the top corner
- Press mins to set the correct minutes
- Once correct time is on the display, press the mode button again to exit setup and start the clock
To use the booklight feature, extend the booklight adjustable arm out and over the page and press the small button on the LED light head to turn on. If you are in countdown mode, the light will automatically turn off at the end of the alarm indicating the session time is complete. Otherwise, simply press the small on/off button on the LED light head to turn off, swivel and replace booklight to original storage position above timing display.
- To set a reading session on your timer
- Press mode to select the countdown which has a down arrow indicator in the corner display
- Timer must be stopped to set the time or reset to zero. The bookmark is stopped when the time colon is not flashing. You can switch between on and off (flashing/not flashing) by pressing the orange start/stop button.
- Press the hrs button once for each hour you want to set for an hour or the mins button once for each minute to be added to the desired number of minutes for this session. Seconds will not be displayed until the final minute of the session. If you are setting the timer for 10 minutes the display will show 00:10
- Now press the orange start/stop button to begin the countdown. Time passage will be displayed by the time colon blinking representing the seconds.
- At the final minute, the display will switch to show the seconds countdown. The display window will show SE:59, 58, 57... to zero
- The session can be paused and restarted at any time. Once the session time is up, the bookmark will sound an alarm for 30 seconds and then stop.
- At the end of the alarm or at any time you choose to reset, press the orange start/stop button to stop the time colon from blinking and press the hrs and mins button at the same time
Count Up/Cumulative MODE
- Press the mode button so that the up arrow is displayed in the right side of the window
- Press the orange start/stop button to begin the accumulation of time. For the first minute, the display will switch to SE:01, 02, 03… until :59 then the display will switch to minute by minute timing. The time colon will continue to flash to represent the seconds time passage but the display will only switch minute by minute
- You many pause and restart the timer in this mode as often as you like by pressing the orange start/stop button to toggle between on and off.
- You may reset the timer to zero at any time but pressing the orange start/stop button to turn the bookmark off (time colon not flashing). Now press the hrs and mins buttons at the same time to set the timer to 00:00
To Replace the Battery
- Remove the screw from the back cover and slide out of the space.
- Remove the LR1130 battery in the well and replace with a new battery, print facing you and slide it in toward the silver contact bar on the side wall of the battery well.
- The bookmark will then emit a tone and the display will appear 12:00
- Follow the directions above to reset the clock